Symptoms of Mold

There are many people all around the world that have mold in their houses and just choose to ignore it as long as it isn't affecting the aesthetics of the place. What these people do not know is that most of the health problems they are dealing with in their life may be caused by the mold they have growing in their houses. There are even certain types of mold like black mold which are toxic. Nonetheless, all types of mold pose health risks. This in itself should be reason enough for you to understand the importance of controlling mold.

If you still don't find it important enough to deal with immediately, I am going to discuss some of the many symptoms of mold. Maybe after that you won't take things so lightly.

Mold is known to causes rashes and headaches. They can also cause severe allergic reactions in people as well as sinus infections and asthma. Extreme cases have also shown mold to cause health issues like fibromyalgia, cancer and pulmonary problems.

It is quite obvious that the risk of you being affected with any of these illnesses keeps on increasing depending on the amount of mold there is in your house. And if you don't already know, there are certain parts of your house which are more prone to mold formation than others. The most common areas usually are the attic and the basement. The main reason for this is because they remain quite moist all year around. Carpets and other padding pose high risks as well. The level of risk is magnified when they are close to concrete. Bathrooms are quite risky as well. And lastly, you should also consider your heating and cooling vents as they can promote the growth of mold as well.

The only good thing about black mold is that it's quite easy to remove. There are a large number of options available for getting rid of it and none of these options required too much work either. But before you can remove the mold, you need to figure out what type of mold it is. If it is toxic, you obviously need to remove it immediately. Toxic (Black) mold is harder to remove as compared to other types of mold so if you notice any of the mold symptoms in you or your house have it removed ASAP.

There are a number of ways in which you can test for mold as well. In fact, this is recommended to ensure you don't suffer from any of the symptoms listed above. You could always consider calling in a professional. Alternatively, there are many kits available in the market which can be used as well.

Like I mentioned before, there are many options available for getting rid of mold. Calling a professional is obviously one of them. You can also use standard cleaners like bleach to remove it. Apart from that you can ensure that the humidity levels don't get too high in your home. Buy some humidifiers and place them in the rooms which are most prone to mold. This way you can keep yourself and your family safe.